rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions Or Not To Resolution

Happy New Year!!

It's that time of the year where people start talking about resolutions and how THIS year is going to be so amazing and different.

I don't buy it.

I gave up on making resolutions a long time ago for 1 reason.

1. they are always empty promises to myself

I don't need Dec 31st/January 1st to roll around to give me an invite to make my life the way I want it.

I don't think January 1st will magically make all my problems go away.

Your life is what you make of it 365 days a year. Thinking that a new year is going to give you a new life, is putting way to much pressure on yourself and you forget to enjoy what you have!

Screw the resolutions and 'this year will be better' chant and enjoy the day. Going with the flow just may make THIS year so amazing.

So no, I haven't made a new years resolution. I have though, given myself a challenge.
When you hear it you might think it's both sad and stupidly easy. It's neither. It's proof I love the life I live and time flies when you are having fun.

My challenge to myself...

Take a photo of my boys together everyday. No fancy editing needed, real camera not required. Cell phone approved.

Sometimes I do need reminding that everyday happenings need to be photographed and remembered just as much as the special moments.

What I have found is that on the 1st and the 2nd I have had an~ OH CRAP! THE PHOTO! moment as the kids were going to bed.

That's what makes this hard! Our day flies and I don't think to pause and snap.

So to see if I succeed in my challenge, take a peek at my 2012 Challenge page. See how perfectly simple my life is 365 days a year without New Years reminding me to do something about it.


4 comments:

  1. AMEN! I'm not a resolutions setter failer either! I'm glad I'm not alone in my club! Heres to enjoying EVERYDAY of they year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I bet you'll be really happy to look back at all those photos eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I always fail at resolutions so I gave up..Go figure it was always something having to do with losing weight! My never ending battle! LOL Can't wait to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here Jodi! And then I'd get mad because all the ads and commercials were geared towards taking advantage of everyone's weight loss resolution! I don't know how many before and after pictures have been burned into my head. But I do love that old commercial where they were given a gym membership but they opened the gift and yelled...

    A NEW BUTT!

    ReplyDelete