rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, September 16, 2011

"Admit It, You're Crazy! Quirks, Idiosyncrasies & Irrational Behavior"

Oh. My. Gosh! I just got done reading this book by Judy Reiser-


I am the first to admit that I'm full of OCD tendencies and a sprinkle of crazy. This book made me feel like I was having a good laugh with my other slightly crazy friends!

I am pretty sure all of my strongest crazy needs were validated in this book. I had many, many moments of ME TOO! Like needing the toilet paper roll to be from the top, not the bottom.Taking a magazine or newspaper from the middle of the pile. For me, I feel like the front isn't as fresh and crisp because that's the one everyone pages threw in line! Along the same lines, if I open a package of something, say kids underwear, to check the size, I'll take the unopened package even if the one I just opened is what I want. Who wants an opened pack of underwear!

There was practically a whole chapter that made me cringe. It had peoples quirky ironing habits.I loathe ironing. I will either rewash it or wear it wrinkled. Loathe it.
In "Admit It, You're Crazy! Quirks, Idiosyncrasies & Irrational Behavior" I found a maintenance man who irons his underwear and on "special occasions" he'll iron his socks. Then there is an artist who irons her newspaper. Oh, yeah. I said newspaper. She can't read it without ironing it first.


This one is, hands down, my favorite. It almost made me cry because I struggle with this every Halloween when picking out pumpkins. When I was in high school, a friend of mine even wrote a poem about the pumpkins I pick out. 
"When we go to pick out a Christmas tree, my daughter always picks out the most pathetic looking tree, because she feels sorry for it and she wants it to have a home"
If we didn't have a fake tree, this would be me. I have gotten better with walking away from the pumpkins, but when I was younger, I'd get teary over them.


I highly recommend this book for yourself, it'll make you feel good about your odd habits, and for that friend or cousin or neighbor that always makes you wonder why. Why do they do that? It's good for the people that make you laugh when you see them setting the microwave time to all the same number.

Judy Reiser has 2 other books that I will be adding to my 'wanna get' list.

"And I Thought I Was Crazy! Quirks, Idiosyncrasies & Meshugaas"
"In A Cell Phone Minute"

check her out here:
http://www.judyreiser.com/
http://www.twitter.com/judyreiser
Amazon-
http://tinyurl.com/3kgxesy

I will leave you with these last peeks at some of my quirks that would fit right in one of Judy's books.
-I must eat all burgers and sandwiches in a circle. 
- I eat anything that looks the least satisfying first. Right down to the cut up pieces of meat. I want the very last piece of food on my fork to be the very best my meal has to offer. I want the last thing I eat to be AMAZING. No, it doesn't always work in my favor because, a lot of times, I get full before I get to that piece!
- I have to look at all the pictures, read the captions and all the titles in my magazines before I can read it.
- When checking Facebook on my iPhone, I have to refresh the screen 3 times before I will read it. I want it to be 100% up to date before I read it.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I definitely need to read this book! You had me cringing and laughing just from your little review! I'm always on the lookout for new and fun books, this is definitely going on my list of "Must read"! Thank you!

    Stopping by from Members to Remember! <3
    www.jadelouisedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this. It's also nice to know that someone else does things like this LOL!
    Awesome post :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I am so OCD. What makes me laugh is that I have passed every idiosyncrasy onto my children!! Ha Ha Ha to them:) Seriously, my oldest daughter might be more OCD than me;) I look forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who eats burgers and sandwiches in a circle first, haha! Especially chicken sandwiches because of the crispy edges :) That's the best part of the sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I do the refreshing thing for the facebook app.
    It's nice to have confirmation that "we aren't the only one." :-)
    Visiting form VB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! Thanks for stopping by Mama's Musings. I'm following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eating in circles does also help my meal need of saving the best bite for last! Thanks for visiting and commenting everyone! Have a quirk filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this now. It sounds hilarious. I must wash my hands before flushing the toilet with my foot (yes even at home) because I CANNOT be in the bathroom when the toilet flushes. Odd I know...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hold by breath. I can't stand to think of breathing in toilet fly aways. I practically gag if it's a hard flusher and I get sprayed. I flush with my foot too and can't always get out of the stall fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read this!! I bet I will fit in with lots of this book =)

    New follower from voiceBoks!

    Christina
    Spilled Milkshake

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great book! Thanks for coming by my blog via voiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is hilarious! I have some REAL issues. Like, I have to look at the last page of book or magazine first to see if I am interested. I am really quirky, but my hubby is worse! I think this book is a read together project for me and my hubs. And I do the foot thing on the toilet too. I actually don't ever use the bathroom in public. My kids drive me crazy having to go in public. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the look of your site!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG...this just proves it..You are SOOOOOO OCD!!
    Are the boys picking up your tendencies too????

    LOL

    ReplyDelete